Hidden Terrace Vineyard, Syrah
The Hidden Terrace Vineyard is a well-kept secret sequestered on a steep south-facing slope at the edge of our Mountain Estate, high above the Sonoma Valley floor. Farmed entirely by hand due to the severe incline, this small vineyard is composed of rare tufa (volcanic chalk) soil that produces Syrah of intense concentration and varietal distinction. Extremely low yields limit the availability of this wine.
With incredible consistency, Hidden Terrace sings of its singular terroir. Planted on volcanic tuff and surrounded by forests of Douglas fir, Bay laurel and madrone, this Syrah takes you straight to the vineyard with enticing aromas of exotic, crushed Balinese pepper, bay laurel and fresh picked wild plum. The medium weight palate is dominated by flavors of ripe blackberry and black cherry, structured by impressive, layered tannin owing to portions of whole-cluster fermentation. Fresh and expressive, this wine is the perfect pairing for roasted or braised meat recipes any season.
- 96% Syrah, 4% Cabernet Sauvignon
- Hand-harvested pre-dawn hours October 6
- De-stemmed and double sorted
- Whole-berry fermented in shallow open-top Fermenters for optimal extraction and heat dissipation
- Aged 21 months in French oak barrels (12% New)
- Bottled unfined and filtered
Alcohol by Volume: 14.7%
Bottle Date: August 2019
Cases Produced: 100