First planted to Merlot and Cabernet Franc in 1984, the RCF Vineyard (named for Fred and Juelle's son, Robert Charles Fisher) runs along the bank of Simmons Creek on our Calistoga estate. Comprised primarily of cobble stones and loam, this site yields wines of depth and character inspired by classic Right Bank blends. (read more about the vineyard).
"2015 RCF Vineyard is plump, juicy and absolutely delicious. Ripe red cherry and raspberry fruit are pushed forward in a succulent, expressive Merlot that surprises with its freshness and overall finesse. Dollops of Malbec and Cabernet Franc round out the blend. This is very nicely done."
- (92 Points) Antonio Galloni, Vinous Media
- 78% Merlot, 11% Cabernet Franc, 11% Malbec
- Whole-berry fermented in open-top oak and stainless fermenters
- Bottled unfined and unfiltered
- Aged 21 months in French oak barrels (100% new)
Alcohol by volume 14.9%
Bottle date: August 2017
221 cases produced