First planted to Merlot and Cabernet Franc in 1984, the RCF Vineyard (named for Fred and Juelle's son, Robert Charles Fisher) runs along the bank of Simmons Creek on our Calistoga estate. Comprised primarily of cobble stones and loam, this site yields wines of depth and character inspired by classic Right Bank blends. (read more about the vineyard).
"The 2014 Merlot RCF Vineyard is fruity, forward and expressive, with lovely savory overtones and plenty of aromatic nuance. Beams of supporting tannin give the wine its shape and overall proportion. Dark red cherry, plum, spice and new leather are nicely pushed forward. Far from an easygoing wine, this is a Merlot with structure, not to mention considerable pedigree and depth."
- (92 Points) Antonio Galloni, Vinous Media
- 81% Merlot, 10% Petite Verdot, 9% Cabernet Sauvignon
- Whole-berry fermented in open-top oak and stainless fermenters
- Bottled unfined and unfiltered
- Aged 21 months in French oak barrels (100% new)
Alcohol by volume 15.3%
Bottle date: July 2016
110 cases produced