Wedding Vineyard, Cabernet Franc
First planted to Martha's Vineyard clone Cabernet in 1973, the Wedding Vineyard covers eleven gently sloping acres (up to 15 degrees, oriented south-west) on our Mountain Estate at an elevation of 1,200 feet. Approximately nine acres were replanted in 2002 under the careful guidance of David Abreu: seven blocks of Cabernet (clone 337 and Martha's Vineyard clone), one block of Petit Verdot (clone 400) and one block of Cabernet Franc (clone 327). (read more about the vineyard)
The Cabernet Franc block of Wedding Vineyard is comprised of Yorkville clay loam series, characterized by gray clay loam and marked by cobbled schist comprised of metamorphosed basalt and tuff throughout.
The 2014 Cabernet Franc emerges from a parcel rich in clay and loam within the Wedding Vineyard. Varietal notes are allied to a deep expression of the estate's signatures in this bright, vibrant red. Like all of the 2014s, the Cabernet Franc has real depth and personality. There is plenty of intrigue here.
- (92 Points) Antonio Galloni, Vinous Media
- 92% Cabernet Franc, 8% Cabernet Sauvignon
- Barrel Fermented in new French Oak
- Aged sur lees 21 months in 100% new French oak barrels
- Racked off primary lees only once, conserving aromatics and phenolics
- Bottled unfined and unfiltered
Bottle Date: July 2016
Cases Produced: 65