Whitney's Vineyard, Chardonnay
Planted in 1973, the Whitney's Vineyard (so named after Fred and Juelle Fisher's first daughter) is located on a gravelly hillside with a gently sloping southwestern exposure. The Vineyard is planted to Old Wente clone Chardonnay and produces less than one ton per acre. Today, these vines produce small berries that express their mountain heritage with mineral undertones and uniquely concentrated fruit flavors.
Beautiful color of pale straw in the glass with vibrant aromatics reminiscent of honey dew melon, Meyer lemon and tangerine blossom. This wine has a generous palate with flavors of crisp green apple and lemon peel shaped with petrichor minerality and culminating with remarkable length. The wine finishes with flavors of crisp apple and light toasted almond.
- Whitney Fisher
- Harvested September 6, 2017
- Whole cluster sorted, then pressed
- Juice cold settled 8 hours and moved to barrel by gravity
- Fermented, then aged 17 months in French Oak barrels (50% new)
- No sulfite additions at harvest or during aging
- Lees stirred bi-monthly for 16 months
Alcohol by volume is 14.3%
Bottle date: January 2019
105 cases produced