Whitney's Vineyard, Chardonnay
Planted in 1973, the Whitney's Vineyard (so named after Fred and Juelle Fisher's first daughter) is located on a gravelly hillside with a gently sloping southwestern exposure. The Vineyard is planted to Old Wente clone Chardonnay and produces less than one ton per acre. Today, these vines produce small berries that express their mountain heritage with mineral undertones and uniquely concentrated fruit flavors.
"2016 Whitney's Vineyard hits the ground running with vibrant pink grapefruit, green mango and ripe apricot scents plus suggestions of toasted almonds, croissant, fresh ginger and allspice. Medium to full-bodied, it ignites the palate with sparks of tropical and stone fruits, framed with racy acid and a silken texture, finishing very long and wonderfully layered. Simply. Awesome."
- (96 Points) Robert Parker’s Wine Advocate
- Harvested September 12
- Whole cluster sorted, then pressed
- Juice cold settled over 24 hours and moved to barrel by gravity
- Fermented, then aged 17 months in French Oak barrels (50% new)
- No sulfite additions at harvest or during aging
- Lees stirred bi-monthly for 14 months
Alcohol by volume is 14.5%
Bottle date: January 2018
143 cases produced