Mountain Estate Vineyard, Cabernet Sauvignon
Following more than 30 years adapting farming practices to the mountain climate and terrain around the winery, we are pleased to produce this wine from several Bordeaux varietal vineyard blocks yielding fruit of mature character and balance. The heart of this wine is Cabernet Sauvignon grown on steep, west facing terraces that rise above the early renowned Wedding Vineyard, reaching a towering elevation of 1,400 feet. Other contiguous vineyard blocks incorporate a great diversity of soils and exposures, providing additional complexity and unmistakable mountain terroir.
The 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon Mountain Estate Vineyard is a dark, brooding wine. A terrific example of Sonoma Cabernet, the 2016 possesses superb textural richness and intensity to match its dark, somber profile. An infusion of inky dark fruit, gravel, smoke, iron, game, dark spice, leather and licorice runs through this super expressive, rugged Cabernet Sauvignon from the Fisher family's Spring Mountain estate.
- 94 points Vinous Media, Antonio Galloni
- 84% Cabernet Sauvignon, 7% Merlot, 5% Petit Verdot, 4% Caberent Franc
- Harvested October 10-15
- De-stemmed, double sorted
- Whole-berry fermented in small open-top Oak, Concrete, and Stainless Steel fermenters
- Native malolactic fermentation completed in barrel
- Aged 21 months in French oak barrels (95% new)
Alcohol by volume is 14.5%
Bottle date July 2018
952 cases produced