Coach Insignia, Cabernet Sauvignon
The Coach Insignia honors our family's tradition of craftsmanship, first represented in fine automobiles of the 20th century with Body by Fisher and now in Fisher Vineyards' wines of the 21st century. The Coach Insignia Cabernet represents the pinnacle of our winemaking craft, comprised of the finest selected lots of Bordeaux varietals from our Napa Valley Estate. Located in the heart of Calistoga, these Estate vineyards are planted in well-drained alluvial, sedimentary soils alongside Simmons Canyon Creek, which flows west from the Calistoga Palisades to the Napa River.
"The 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon Coach Insignia is just as impressive today as it was from barrel last year. Dark, dense and explosive, the 2016 is a wine of real personality. A rush of black cherry, plum, chocolate, sage and licorice makes a strong opening statement, but there is plenty of underlying structure to back things up as well. Even with all of its obvious power and structure, the 2016 remains finessed and understated. I can't wait to see how it ages."
- Antonio Galloni, Vinous Media
- Harvested Between September 22nd and September 29th
- 91% Cabernet Sauvignon, 5% Petit Verdot, 2% Cabernet Franc, 2% Merlot
- Whole-berry fermented in small open-top concrete, oak, and Stainless Steel fermenters
- Bottled unfined and unfiltered
- Aged 21 months in 100% French Oak (90% new)
Alcohol by volume is 14.7%
Bottle date: August 2018