Mountain Estate Vineyard, Cabernet Sauvignon
Following more than 30 years adapting farming practices to the mountain climate and terrain around the winery, we are pleased to produce this wine from several Bordeaux varietal vineyard blocks yielding fruit of mature character and balance. The heart of this wine is Cabernet Sauvignon grown on steep, west facing terraces that rise above the early renowned Wedding Vineyard, reaching a towering elevation of 1,400 feet. Other contiguous vineyard blocks incorporate a great diversity of soils and exposures, providing additional complexity and unmistakable mountain terroir.
The 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon Mountain Estate Vineyard is a bold wine with all of the rugged character and savoriness of hillside Sonoma Cabernets. Smoke, black pepper, herb, graphite, licorice and gravel, along with firm tannins, give the Mountain Estate its unique personality.
- 93 points Vinous Media, Antonio Galloni
- 84% Cabernet Sauvignon, 16% Cabernet Franc
- Harvested October 5-19
- De-stemmed, double sorted
- Whole-berry fermented in small open-top oak and concrete fermenters
- Native malolactic fermentation completed in barrel
- Aged 21 months in French oak barrels (90% new)
Alcohol by volume is 14.5%
Bottle date August 2017
635 cases produced