Mountain Estate Vineyard, Cabernet Sauvignon
Following more than 30 years adapting farming practices to the mountain climate and terrain around the winery, we are pleased to produce this wine from several Bordeaux varietal vineyard blocks yielding fruit of mature character and balance. The heart of this wine is Cabernet Sauvignon grown on steep, west facing terraces that rise above the early renowned Wedding Vineyard, reaching a towering elevation of 1,400 feet. Other contiguous vineyard blocks incorporate a great diversity of soils and exposures, providing additional complexity and unmistakable mountain terroir.
The 2014 Cabernet Sauvignon Mountain Estate Vineyard is gorgeous. Dark, powerful and inviting, but with plenty of Sonoma structure underpinning the wine's structure. Black cherry, mocha, plum and spice are front and center. Bold, intense and racy, the 2014 exudes concentration and richness from the very first taste. This is a superb wine, especially at this level.
- 93 points Vinous Media, Antonio Galloni
- 87% Cabernet Sauvignon, 6% Cabernet Franc, 6% Merlot, 1% Syrah
- Harvested October 7-13
- De-stemmed, double sorted
- Whole-berry fermented in small open-top concrete fermenters
- Native malolactic fermentation completed in barrel
- Aged 21 months in French oak barrels (85% new)
Alcohol by volume is 15.1%
Bottle date July 2016
1,008 cases produced