Mountain Estate Vineyard, Cabernet Sauvignon
Following more than 30 years adapting farming practices to the mountain climate and terrain around the winery, we are pleased to produce this wine from several Bordeaux varietal vineyard blocks yielding fruit of mature character and balance. The heart of this wine is Cabernet Sauvignon grown on steep, west facing terraces that rise above the early renowned Wedding Vineyard, reaching a towering elevation of 1,400 feet. Other contiguous vineyard blocks incorporate a great diversity of soils and exposures, providing additional complexity and unmistakable mountain terroir.
Game, smoke, tobacco, leather and incense take shape in the 2012 Cabernet Sauvignon Mountain Estate Vineyard. A deep, dense wine, the 2012 possesses considerable mid-palate depth and concentration. Pine, mint, lavender and cedar inform the firm, super-expressive finish.
- 93 points Vinous Media, Antonio Galloni
- 75% Cabernet Sauvignon, 21% Merlot, 2% Cabernet Franc, 2% Petite Verdot
- Harvested October 26th - November 3rd
- De-stemmed, double sorted
- Whole-berry fermented in 2-ton open-top concrete and oak fermenters
- Native malolactic fermentation completed in barrel
- Aged 19 months in French oak barrels (85% new)
Alcohol by volume is 14.7%
Bottle date August 2014
1,120 cases produced