Mountain Estate Vineyard, Cabernet Sauvignon
Following more than 30 years adapting farming practices to the mountain climate and terrain around the winery, we are pleased to produce this wine from several Bordeaux varietal vineyard blocks yielding fruit of mature character and balance. The heart of this wine is Cabernet Sauvignon grown on steep, west facing terraces that rise above the early renowned Wedding Vineyard, reaching a towering elevation of 1,400 feet. Other contiguous vineyard blocks incorporate a great diversity of soils and exposures, providing additional complexity and unmistakable mountain terroir.
Vibrant aromatics of blueberry and dark cherry fruit mingle with notes of vanilla, violets and sweet tobacco. Dense and full-bodied on entry, the palate boasts layers of bramble berry, cocoa, sweet tea and leaded minerality. Mountain acidity counterbalances the weight of this wine, framed by fine grain tannins that persist seamlessly from one taste to the next.
- Whitney Fisher, Winemaker
- 85% Cabernet Sauvignon, 8% Cabernet Franc, 7% Merlot
- Harvested October 22nd and November 4th
- Whole-berry fermented in small open-top fermenters
- Malolactic fermentation completed in barrel
- Aged 20 months in French oak barrels (80% new)
Alcohol by volume is 14.7%
Bottle date June 2012
350 cases produced