Zazu dungeness crab dip
The following recipe was produced by John and Duskie, owners of Zazu Restaurant in Sonoma County. We served this dish at one of our Harvest Luncheons this fall, and it was enjoyed by all.
At the restaurant, we serve this dip with salty root vegetable chips. It was designed for a glass of the Fisher Coach Insignia Chardonnay.
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 3 pounds picked Dungeness crab meat
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise (we make our own)
- 1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 bunch chopped green onions
- 1/3 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 3 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco
- kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
In a small sauce pan on medium heat, melt the cream cheese in the half and half. remove from the heat. In a large mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese sauce with the sour cream. Add the rest of the ingredients. Adjust seasoning. Serve with chips.