First planted to Merlot and Cabernet Franc in 1984, the RCF Vineyard (named for Fred and Juelle's son, Robert Charles Fisher) runs along the bank of Simmons Creek on our Calistoga estate. Comprised primarily of cobble stones and loam, this site yields wines of depth and character inspired by classic Right Bank blends. (read more about the vineyard).
"The 2013 Merlot RCF Vineyard is racy, sensual and totally sexy. Dark red cherry, mocha, new leather and spice are all pushed forward. This is an especially succulent, open-knit 2013 that should drink well with minimal cellaring. Sweet floral and spice notes add an attractive element of lift on the close. The RCF is a blend of 78% Merlot, 17% Cabernet Franc and 4% Cabernet Sauvignon taken from 8 blocks of estate vineyards in Calistoga."
- (92 Points) Antonio Galloni, Vinous Media
- 79% Merlot, 17% Cabernet Franc, 4% Cabernet Sauvignon
- Whole-berry fermented in open-top concrete and oak fermenters
- Native malolactic fermentation completed in barrel
- Aged 22 months in French oak barrels (100% new)
Alcohol by volume 14.7%
Bottle date: August 2015
139 cases produced