Whitney's Vineyard, Chardonnay
Planted in 1973, the Whitney's Vineyard (so named after Fred and Juelle Fisher's first daughter) is located on a gravelly hillside with a gently sloping southwestern exposure. The Vineyard is planted to Old Wente clone Chardonnay and produces less than one ton per acre. Today, these vines produce small berries that express their mountain heritage with mineral undertones and uniquely concentrated fruit flavors.
Expressive, captivating aromas of honeysuckle, lemon peel and petrichor jump from the glass. On the palate, complex flavors expand to include lemon curd, melon and toasted hazelnut. 2014 is a beautiful, balanced vintage fishing with classic wet stone minerality and finesse.
- Whitney Fisher
- Harvested September 8 - 15
- Whole cluster sorted, then pressed
- Juice cold settled over 24 hours and moved to barrel by gravity
- Fermented, then aged 18 months in French Oak barrels (60% new)
- No sulfite additions at harvest or during aging
- Lees stirred twice monthly for 15 months
Alcohol by volume is 14.5%
Bottle date: March 2016
233 cases produced