Mountain Estate Vineyard, Cabernet Sauvignon
Following more than 30 years adapting farming practices to the mountain climate and terrain around the winery, we are pleased to produce this wine from several Bordeaux varietal vineyard blocks yielding fruit of mature character and balance. The heart of this wine is Cabernet Sauvignon grown on steep, west facing terraces that rise above the early renowned Wedding Vineyard, reaching a towering elevation of 1,400 feet. Other contiguous vineyard blocks incorporate a great diversity of soils and exposures, providing additional complexity and unmistakable mountain terroir.
The 2013 Cabernet Sauvignon Mountain Estate Vineyard is powerful, wild and savory, with super-expressive aromatics, beams of tannin and superb balance. The 2013 is finely cut and light on its feet, with lovely nuance. Sweet red cherry, rose petal and wild flowers grace the exquisite finish.
- 94 points Vinous Media, Antonio Galloni
- 76% Cabernet Sauvignon, 12% Cabernet Franc, 9% Merlot, 3% Petite Verdot
- Harvested October 14-18
- De-stemmed, double sorted
- Whole-berry fermented in 2-ton open-top concrete and oak fermenters
- Selected yeast fermentation
- Native malolactic fermentation completed in barrel
- Aged 21 months in French oak barrels (85% new)
Alcohol by volume is 14.7%
Bottle date August 2015
815 cases produced