Lamb Vineyard, Cabernet Sauvignon
Nestled at the foot of the Palisades in Northern Napa Valley, the Lamb Vineyard has been a source of great pride for our family over the past quarter of a century. Named for Juelle's family, the vineyard was planted to Cabernet in 1982 and consistently yields small quantities of fruit that produce wine with a rare combination of rich concentrated flavors, velvet texture and elegance (read more about the vineyard).
Dark cherries, plums, mint, spices, new leather and cedar are laced together in the 2012 Cabernet Sauvignon Lamb Vineyard. A bit darker and more powerful than the Coach Insignia, the Lamb Vineyard impresses for its balance and pure class. Readers should plan on cellaring bottles for another 1-2 years to allow the tannins to soften a touch.
- 92+ points, Vinous Media, Antonio Galloni
- 100%% Cabernet Sauvignon
- Harvested October 18
- De-stemmed and double sorted
- Whole-berry fermented in small open-top oak and stainless fermenters
- Selected yeast fermentation and extended maceration
- Native malolactic fermentation completed in barrel
- Aged 21 months in French oak barrels (100% new)
Alcohol by volume is 14.7%
Bottle date August 2014
245 cases produced